Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesday... Comparison



This is always something I think ANY human struggles with. It stems from way back to Adam & Eve.... Worrying, thinking too much about everyone else and not enough about you and your own personal salvation and relationship with God.

This Sunday, our pastor spoke on this to some extent. The gist of the message was that when we leave this Earth, what will we be remembered by? It won't be for our worldly possessions, vehicles, homes, JOBS. It will be for what we have done for others in the light of Jesus.

Always comparing ourselves to others is a way in which we tend to focus on the worldly possessions instead of our walk in faith. And I am guilty of this at times. In fact, just yesterday ON MY WAY TO CHURCH I was lamenting to my husband about how frustrated I sometimes get when life is so much "easier" for others who don't even appreciate it.

It is hard not to get caught up in comparing what we have to what others have. I especially have difficulty when I see others who don't appreciate the blessings in their life. Instead, they would rather complain about everyday, mundane details when the "stupid things" they are complaining about are the same things I pray for daily.

Whatcha gonna do, though? I don't want to live a life of misery. So I am working, each day, not to let ANYTHING steal my joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment