Friday, April 26, 2013

Newbies

I'm linking up today with Kelly's Korner or 20-something's with no kids who blog. I love that she did this link-up because I think she made a great point. There are lots of connections for young moms but not many for those of us who aren't quite there yet :)

Anyway, if you are stopping by - heeeeeey! (Imagine that in a slow southern twang) I'm Claire, late twenties, married to my Jr. High sweetie Justin (or Jay) and live in a very tiny town in southeast Missouri.

I'm an attorney by day. I have two degrees in social work as well, and focus a majority of my practice to providing high-quality legal services to women who are victims of domestic violence. It's a pretty stressful job and sometimes takes quite the toll on me.

I'm a follower of God, a striver to become more connected to His word each day. I believe with all my being that Jesus died for my sins so that I can have eternal life. I'm blessed to be married to a Godly man who leads our spiritual life and family.

I love watching Jay coach sports and spend a lot of time at his games. His students all become our "kids" rather quickly and I am their den mother as they like to say. We have a precious pup named Oreo who I know God created just for us - because there is no other way we'd have a dog so perfect for our personalities.

Life is changing for us, and I'm excited and nervous for what lies ahead. Stick around because I'm sure to share more of this journey soon.

Also, you can click the links above to read all about our wedding and also some pretty thoughtful posts on my favorite quotes and scripture.

Please say "hello" if you wish, and I can't wait to meet y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment