Monday, September 10, 2012

Tales of a Football Wife

Jay is coaching again this year, and I think I forgot how crazy it can get! Last week, he had practice, games, CPR training, practice, games.... This week he has a game every single day except Wednesday. Yes, you read that right. Even Saturday there is an afternoon game.

Needless to say, he is fairly exhausted. I feel bad for him - he literally comes home, jumps in the shower, eats dinner, and goes straight to bed. Thankfully, he really enjoys it.

So, I volunteered to make sure all his football players are fed before/after each game, depending on if it is home or away and whether they get to go home after school or not. Today, their game starts at 5:00 (Jr High always seems to start a little early), so I am going to make sure they have a snack to eat after school.

I enjoy being the wife of a coach most of the time, although I do miss my husband, for sure. But, these are the times we will look back on and have great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment