Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Delighting in the Lord

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

What exactly does it mean to delight yourself in the Lord? Is it to praise His righteous name, even in the times when you want to cry out and question? Is it to be a walking, talking example of the Christian faith - even when you make a mistake? Is it sharing in the joys of our Christian faith, in any way you can?

I am struggling to live and believe this verse each day. To delight myself in Him, through ALL things. To consistently be a beacon of light to those who may be wondering in the dark. To speak in a way that when someone hears, they just know that I am radiating God's love to the world.

I believe that the Lord will give me the desires of my heart - and He knows what those are - in His timing. But am I doing enough? Am I delighting enough? Am I sharing enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment