Sunday, February 9, 2014

Back to L&D - 34 Weeks

Well, looks like weekly trips to L&D are becoming the norm.

Last Monday I went to my usual check-up at Dr. W's office. Justin actually got to go with me because school was cancelled due to the weather. We had to leave about an hour earlier than usual because of the roads, but thankfully we were able to make it.

I felt off that morning, so I wanted to make sure we stopped to eat breakfast. Ha! Priorities. I didn't want to end up admitted and not able to eat. Also the BPP test goes better if I've eaten and the babies are active.

The BPP went great and only took a few minutes. After that, we had to go over to the hospital for the NST because the doctor's office doesn't perform those tests on multiple pregnancies. Over on L&D we got checked in and one of my favorite nurses Julie hooked me up. As soon as she took my blood pressure I knew I was in trouble. She had me hooked up for about 20 minutes and the babies were doing great but my BP wasn't budging. She called Dr. W who told me to come straight over to her office instead of waiting for my scheduled appointment. Julie took me in a wheelchair and wouldn't let me walk.

It didn't take Dr. W long to decide to admit me. I had protien in my urine and my BP was still elevated. When she checked me, my cervix was completely thinned and A's head is RIGHT THERE. Which explains the serious discomfort.

Needless to say, we went back to the hospital and I was admitted for a 24-hour urine catch and monitoring. The babies looked great the entire time and I wasn't contracting any more than usual. After staying overnight Dr. W ended up releasing me because my protien came back under the cut off and my BP calmed down. 


We will see what happens tomorrow! My BP remains elevated but not overly concerning. I can't believe we've made it this far though. 35 weeks tomorrow - seemed impossible 14 weeks ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment