Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Infertility: Stuck in the Middle With You

I wrote this blog entry in April. We had been trying naturally to conceive for about 15 months, to no avail and had met with the reproductive endocrinologist  creating a "plan." At the time I wasn't ready to share my story. By sharing, we hope our story inspires other couples to keep their faith and glorifies the work of our Lord and Savior.

So... We are basically stuck in the middle of this infertility journey. You see, we have "plans" and tests and schedules - tentatively. But right now, it's back to waiting.

I have started the hormones in pill form that I have to be on for at least 6 weeks. So far it's not too bad. I have noticed a few little side affects here and there, but I am sure that if I were on the hormone regularly for a longer period of time those would disappear.

It's kind of a weird sense of limbo we are in. For instance, when people are talking about summer plans - I know what ours are. They are shots and hormones and doctor visits and labs and ultrasounds. But I don't want to say that. I have been itching to do some summer shopping. But I know there's a good chance we will be pregnant!!!!! mid-summer. So it doesn't make sense to buy clothes that won't fit or be comfortable.

I can't really put it into words. Because we have this "date" I think there is a definite sense of excitement that we may be pregnant in June. But how weird is that? When you try naturally, there is always a sense of "oh, this could be the month!" that other people understand and relate to. However, in this case - it is odd to say "oh we're probably going to be pregnant in June." But not any other month. Haha.

I don't really know. I am so anxious to get things moving. I am so nervous about all of the medications and tests. We refuse to believe anything other than this will be successful. But there are so few people who know, and even fewer who actually express any true empathy (besides some really smarty pants comments that I won't discuss), that we are just living in our own little fertility induced bubble.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had a chance to go back and read through your other posts yet but since you said you wrote this in April thinking that you might be pregnant in June...I was just wondering, did you do IVF and are you pregnant now?
    My husband and I have dealt with infertility for 6+ years now. We did a few IUIs but didn't pursue any treatments past that. We moved to embryo adoption pretty quickly. My story is on my blog if you ever want to read about it or if you want to chat feel free to email me.
    www.weareexpectingmiracles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, dear... I know exactly what you are going through. Its tough. Really tough. All the stress, worry and tears will be worth it in the end. Praying for you two fervently. I am here if you ever need to talk or yell about it.

    ReplyDelete