Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Wedding... Before We Said "I Do"

I have been wanting to blog about our wedding for a while now. I want to remember all the details. Although it has been almost FIVE months, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I swear, it was the most magical day. The Friday before the wedding, Justin took off school and I hadn't even started working yet. I got up early and met my Mom, Amanda (Justin's mom), and some sweet, hard-working friends over at the reception site to start the decorating. On the way there, I just remember everything hitting me all at once. I sobbed the entire 30 minute drive. I was SO overwhelmed with the fact that the day we had been waiting for, almost THREE years in the making, was here! I remember thanking God over and over that He had healed Justin and we were finally at this point. When I walked into the reception site, my poor Mom thought something terrible was wrong because I couldn't stop crying. I finally got it out that I was just so happy the tears of joy were overflowing!!! Later that morning, a group of my Mom's best friends hosted a Bridesmaids Luncheon. It was so perfect and everything I could have imagined.
My mom and three of the hostesses.
Me and my BFF/Maid of Honor Sarah
My best friend from birth and her Momma
Listening to "The Kissing Hand" - my Mom had it read and gave it to me.
Two of my favorite "other moms"
It was a beautiful morning filled with all the most special women in my life. My bridesmaids, Mom and Amanda, and all the women in our immediate families. That evening, we had a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It was just all so exciting. I remember practicing the walk down the aisle with my Daddy, and knowing that less than 24hours later it would be real. There really are no words to describe how amazing that is. The rehearsal was crazy at times, but our great wedding planners kept it moving smoothly. After practicing, we all came from the church to a little venue at home, where Amanda and Darryl (Justin's parents) had a delicious meal catered by the same company that catered our reception. I didn't get a lot of pictures, but here are a few.

Family chatting.

Some of my favorite people.

Mom (Coy) with my adorable nephew, Sam.
The day before was definitely packed with action. But it was also filled with family and friends. It really couldn't have been better!

Stay tuned for more on the big day :)

Until next time,

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment