Friday, November 30, 2012

SUYL: Appetizers

Linking up with Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Appetizers today!

Confession: we eat appetizers A LOT. Like, sometimes (and by sometimes I mean weekly) we have entire meals of nothing but appetizers! I don't know what it is.... But it makes me happy, happy, happy.

One of our recent favorites could not be MORE simple!  

Chipolte Raspberry Cream Cheese Appetizer

This D.L. Jardine's Buckin' Berry sauce is UH-MAZING. It's a raspberry chipolte sauce and I could seriously drink it. All we do is take a block of cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat because it seems to soften & spread better), let it sit out to soften up, then pour some of this sauce over the top and serve with crackers. We may or may not eat the ENTIRE block of cream cheese in one sitting.....


I also make little cocktail weenies in the crockpot all the time. I will add two packages of cocktail weenies, a jar of chilli sauce, and about half a jar of apricot preserves and let it cook on low for a few hours. Yummy!

We also make a pretty delicious Cream Cheese Crab Dip that is super easy! (Um, we obviously have a love of cream cheese in these parts...)

You need:
  • 1 block cream cheese
  • 2 cans lump crab meat
  • 1 jar chilli sauce
We take a large oval serving platter and spread the cream cheese out over it in a uniform fashion. I drain the crab meat, and also make sure to squeeze out all excess water with a paper towel. On top of the cream cheese, spread a think layer of chilli sauce. Sprinkle crab meat on top. Serve with crackers. Sounds so weird, but my oh my - it is GOOD!

Hope ya'll enjoy these as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment