Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Musings

I'm going with some random thoughts today. So bear with me. I think I will even number the paragraphs to make it easier to follow. Nerd alert.

 1. Facebook and Christianity I know that Facebook is a public forum. And I understand I choose who I friend and what I post. But lately I have read some pretty upsetting posts. People are SO quick to point fingers and judge. Especially when it comes to Christianity and church and morality. I do post statuses that are faith based. I have never denied my strong Christian background or the fact that I am steady in my faith. I think everyone would whole heartily agree that I do not use that belief to condemn or belittle others. I consciously post scripture, thoughts, prayers or song lyrics when I need a visual and public reminder of God's undeniable love for His children. I always stop to think that maybe this is the time that ONE person needed to hear these words. I look at it as an opportunity to testify - not crucify.

 Some who call themselves children of God simply use this forum to crucify every person who does not agree with them. I strongly believe that my testimony should be in the light of love and understanding. I'm fairly certain that Jesus did not call his disciples to condemn every sinner they came in contact with. Sharing the word should not be done in a way that makes another human being feel so despicable that they think Jesus could NEVER love them.

Edited to add: Case in point: this morning, a sweet friend in Christ posted a scripture verse that I think says much better what my point is:

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17:20-23.
It doesn't matter if you are Baptist, Methodist, Catholic or a member of a non-denominational church. Jesus prayed for ALL believers. Why can't those who claim to walk in the footsteps of Jesus do the same?

 While I know this happened before Facebook came along, I think now it makes it easier for people to hide behind their computer screen and use the Bible to berate those who are different.

 2. Valentines Day I love love. And pink. And hearts. I love Valentine's Day. Any reason to proclaim to the world how blessed, grateful and overjoyed I am to have a life filled with many people to love is great in my book. Which really burns my grits for people to make comments that if you "have" to profess your love on this holiday obviously you have NO real love and need to put on a show. You know what they say about making assumptions......

 3. Final Thoughts I just felt like I needed to have three headings in order to have a numbered list. But I'm finding myself frustrated here lately with how unbelievably selfish and unkind some members of the human race are. I pray that we can raise our kids to be selfless, kind and generous humans. This world needs more.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the facebook thing. I have a strong background and a faith based life. I dont however push it upon people and make themselves feel like they are hell bound on fb. I LOVE how people are holier than thou and the "perfect" christian on there. It makes me chuckle. I stated on someones status a couple days ago my thoughts on it. And personally, its no ones place to judge me. If I want to hang out in a bar and have a beer and play darts who are you to judge me?? Good lord who all did jesus hang around with?? His FIRST miracle in the bible was making water into whine. Why in the heck would he do that if it was a sin to even partake in?? That would be like me supplying the druggies with meth even though its wrong. He wouldnt HELP them sin. Some people are extremists. I usually just look over it but I can not stand for someone to belittle a non christian or a baby christian. IT makes me so mad... bc they really leave a bad taste in their mouths for us who REALLY practice beinga christian. If someone needs to have a particular thing "fixed" in their life God himself will show them, ahhh. Anywho... I just had to put a part of my mind in there.. I could go on and on and on and on and on about it though. Its pointless bc it wont change a thing. Loves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just gets us as Christians NO where when we take it as our place to judge every one else. Maybe that one time you don't judge and actually LISTEN and open up your heart will be the one time someone needs to hear it! xoxo!!

      Delete