Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Wedding.... The Ceremony

Justin and I planned our ceremony down to the last little detail. We took a lot of time and put in a lot of thought as to how the ceremony would flow.

The MOST important thing for us was that our families be involved, and that every one realized how big our love for each other, and for God, is.

We started the ceremony with a prayer by Justin's Uncle Sherman. He did an amazing job and the prayer was so beautiful and touching.




Justin's sister-in-law (well, mine too - she really is my sister and has been from the beginning of her relationship with Dustin!) read a scripture for us from Ecclesiastes.

 Two are better than one,
   because they have a good return for their labor:
 If either of them falls down,
   one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
   and has no one to help them up.
 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
   But how can one keep warm alone?
 Though one may be overpowered,
   two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. 



We exchanged rings next, which was officiated by our sweet Pastor.  And exchanged our vows, which was done by our very dear friend, Judge T. Lynn Brown.
We then did the unity candle, in which my brother-in-law Clay again sang a beautiful Stephen Curtis Chapman song titled "I Will Be Here."

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
and the sun does not appear
I, I will be here
If in the dark you lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear
'Cause I, I will be here

I will be here when you feel like being quiet

When you need to speak your mind
I will listen, and I will be here
when the laughter turns to crying
Through the winning, losing and trying, we'll be together
'Cause I will be here

Tomorrow morning if you wake up

and the future is unclear
I, I will be here
As sure as the season are made for change
Our lifetimes were made for years
So I, I will be here

I will be here and you can cry on my shoulder

when the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you, and I will be here
to watch you grow in beauty
and tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here

I will be true to the promise I have made

to you and to the One who gave you to me 

Lighting the Candle

Hugging my new mother-in-law

Justin hugging his Dad

Hugging my parents

We exchanged vows, and Casey did another reading entitled "A Prayer for Couples" which was a very pointed prayer that we felt said exactly what we were thinking. After the Lord's Prayer and a prayer to end the ceremony, it was the time we were anxiously waiting for....


Check out those smiles... we knew what was coming!





You may kiss the bride!

So, so happy!



After a round of applause, the music started..... announcing Mr. and Mrs. Justin Poley!


How sweet it is to be loved by you
How sweet it is to be loved by you

I needed the shelter of someone's arms and there you were
I needed someone to understand my ups and downs and there you were

With sweet love and devotion
Deeply touching my emotions

I want to stop and thank you baby
I want to stop and thank you baby

How sweet it is to be loved by you
How sweet it is to be loved by you
You can tell the total joy and happiness of EVERYONE involved --- maybe because the party of the year was coming up next!

My sweet Ella!

Do a little dance....

I am not sure WHAT was so funny here?!

It is done!
 Everyone packed up and headed out... We had a MAJOR party to attend!




**all professional images provided by Tyson Zahner Photography ***

No comments:

Post a Comment