Friday, March 15, 2013

SUYL: Vacation

Once again, I am linking up with Kelly's Korner Show Us You Life. Today is all about favorite vacation spots!

Last year was what we dubbed "the year of fun" and believe me - it was! We rang in the New Year in the Carribbean, went to Disney World in April, and went back to the beach to Destin, Florida in May. What can I say? We took advantage of every vacation possible!

Instead of writing a blog post trying to condense all that travel down into one - I will include the links from each!

**And as I went back, I realized I never recapped our Honeymoon! What was I thinking?**

Here are a few pictures. We went on a 6-day cruise to Ochios Rios, Jamaica  the Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico. Despite all the problems cruise ships seem to be having now - we loved it.













Moving on to Disney World. Let me just say - NOTHING tops the magic. Nothing. Nada. I can't wait to go back. Again and again and again!!!!!! Everyone should go to Disney World once in their lifetime - and I am a big BIG advocate that everyone should go once as an adult without children!

Magic Kingdom
Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom
Epcot

If we could go back right now, I would drop everything and RUN LIKE THE WIND people. I don't run - so you've got to understand how much I love me some Disney!

We have also visited Destin, Florida twice now with Justin's family. We stayed both times at the Emerald Grande which is right on the boardwalk. You take a little boat to a private beach. I really love the area and would go back in a heartbeat! There are lots of great restaurants and shops right there - so really, you would never have to get in your car (if you drove) and if you flew it would be no big deal!


We just really enjoy vacationing. We feel that we work very hard for our money - and this is how we like to spend what little extra we have! 

I am feeling a little sad that, with what it looks like our future holds in regards to becoming pregnant, I don't think we will manage a vacation this year. At least not this summer. I am sure, however, it will all be worth it. Justin promises me a "babymoon" when we finally ARE expecting - so I can wait!

Oh - we have also traveled to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for vacation. We had a blast! Definitely more of an outdoorsy type summer vacation - we white water rafted and also ziplined. WAY out of my comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment