Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Independence Day

I am a little late on updating, but better late than never.

We had a really enjoyable 4th of July. It has always been one of my favorite holidays. Not that we ever do anything super special or exciting, but there is just something I love about the whole patriotic, BBQ'ing, spending time with your family vibe.

We went to the parade that morning, and watched it from our Justin's brother's house. My mother-in-law & sister-in-laws, some friends, our niece and my SIL's mom were there. It was an enjoyable, but hot, time. Sophie really loved the parade, specifically the part where people were handing her candy left and right. After the parade was over, Sophie and I sorted all her candy by groups and counted it. She is too funny.

Later that afternoon, we went swimming at Justin's aunts house with his family. I swear, it was ridiculously hot. Even hot in the water!

Our attempt at underwater photography with J's lifeproof case.

Hey Baba, whatcha doin?

The firework cupcakes I made =)

Finally, that evening we went to watch our town's firework display. Because we were under a no-burn order from the serious heat and drought, it wasn't that special. The mosquitoes were TERRIBLE so we sat in our car to watch.


All in all, it was a great day of fun, sun and relaxation - which was exactly what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment