Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thirty Things: Day 24

Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.


I don't think our family dynamic has changed THAT much, quite frankly. My sister was ten years & thirteen years older than myself and my brother. She has always been in a much different life stage. I have always been very bossy and maternal. My brother has always been very outgoing and the life of the party. My parents have always done everything they could to keep us all happy, grounded, and most importantly - loved.

My childhood was a typical, Mayberry-ish, television sitcom childhood. Although both of my parents worked, I never felt "abandoned" or that they didn't have time for me. Weekends were spent together, playing in the yard or with friends. I always felt an immense amount of love for and from my family. 

None of that has changed. Although we have all grown up and now have lives and families of our own, I still feel that love. Weekends are typically spent, at least in part, with my parents, siblings or niece and nephew - or a combination of all the above. 

So I guess this was kind of hard for me to answer. Because while the dynamic has changed as we've grown, I still have the same loving, caring and wonderful feelings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment