Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rainy Reflections

I'm sitting outside on our patio swing, listening to it rain and the cicadas, with my puppy at my feet. Waiting on my wonderful husband to get home from football practice (two hours late!) and I am just reminded how precious life is. How blessed I am. Life could not get much better for us, even with the downs it sometimes brings. I'm so content to be right where I am.

I don't know that, until within the last year, I have felt this content. I'm really working hard on just letting things go. To not dwell on what I don't have, can't fix, need to do, or person I so desperately want to accept me. Instead, to just be in the now and stop wishing for something more or different and be grateful for what is right smack dab in front of me.

We have so many hopes and dreams for our next year of marriage. But, regardless of whether or not they happen, I know one ultimate truth: I am married to my very best friend and partner, and with him by my side, I have what I need.

I've been reading Proverbs 31 and really thinking about the type of wife I want to be. Need to be. I want to be worth "far more than rubies" (31:10) and "clothed with strength and dignity" to "laugh at the days to come" (31:25). I want to speak with wisdom and have faithful words on my tongue (31:26).

It is on my mind tonight as I sit here in peace and quiet, reflecting on the last few days. That's my goal... To be the kind of wife that reflects Proverbs 31. Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment