Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesday (on Wednesday): Thoughts on Marriage


Our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY is approaching on Monday. Seriously, I feel like it was just yesterday that we were married. I can remember every little moment. I look at the photographs and it is like I am right. there.

It was the absolute best day of my life. A day I had waited for, patiently, for SO long. God is SO good people! He brought us through so much, and gave us a beautiful celebration as a reminder of how far we had already come.

Marriage has always been something to serious to me. Something sacred and special. Something you do not jump into lightly. Something you PROTECT.

My husband is the most important person in my life. When we joined together in marriage, we made the ultimate decision and commitment to start a family together, and honor it above all else. These days, I think some people jump into marriage thinking "oh well, might as well do this. If it doesn't work we will just divorce." Whereas, for me, it was the opposite.

Our marriage has grown by leaps and bounds over this year. We've polished it. Kept it from becoming ordinary. Prayed over it. Asked God nightly to lead us where He wants us to go - together.

I am so blessed that God gave me this wonderful, compassionate, beautiful human being for a husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment