Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weaknesses.... 30 Things: Day 13

Describe 5 weaknesses you have.


I react instead of respond.

In any type of emergency situation, my initial response is usually a very panicked reaction. I can't control it. It takes me a good while to calm down before I can be rational. I dread to see how that goes with children. Hopefully the good Lord helps me to realize when I respond with immediate prayer, my reactions are much calmer. I try to remember this. But I tend to be the one who runs in circles flapping their arms - well, at least if the situation directly affects myself or a loved one. Case in point: Oreo ran into a vehicle while it was flying down the road. I say he ran into it because the vehicle didn't really run over him. But I digress. I called Justin in a PANIC and couldn't even talk I was crying so hard. I scared the living daylights out of him, only to say - but don't worry, Oreo is fine! Which he was, but later on, he gave us a little scare, so we "rushed" him to the vet. I sobbed uncontrollably the entire way. Justin may or may not have threatened to put my out on the side of the road.... On the bright side: If I am an outsider to the situation, I am much more adept and responding appropriately.  


I have very low self-confidence.

I am my own worst critic. I make myself physically ill worrying about all the things I have "done wrong" in one day. I put way too much pressure on myself, and never believe I am correct when it comes to important issues. It's crazy. I KNOW I am very well educated and highly trained in my job, but yet I constantly stress I am doing something wrong. For the first few months, I was convinced multiple times a day I would loose my bar license. Which, by the way, is extremely hard to accomplish :)


Food.

I have a weakness for food. I am kind of addicted. I love food. Seriously. I love to eat. And every day I struggle with making good choices so that I am healthy and have a good body image. But man oh man, I am addicted to anything that tastes good!


I am a people pleaser.

I worry constantly about what other people think of me, when I should be worrying about what GOD is thinking of me. I have really taken this thought to heart here lately. I even had a little sign printed and framed for my office that says "Have you prayed about it as much as you've talked about it?" At the end of the day, all that should matter is that in God's eyes I was doing HIS will - whatever the outcome of that should be.


I am bossy, opinionated and headstrong.

Sometimes this gets me into trouble. I am not the best at keeping my opinions to myself, hiding my feelings, or just going with the flow. But I've been trying to be better about this. Really. I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment