Monday, April 30, 2012

What a Weekend

I have been seriously MIA for a few days. Eek!

Last week there was an attorney here visiting from our state coalition, so I was super busy. I had a lot to get taken care of before she was here, because I knew I would be occupied. Then I basically had two days of no phone calls or other work getting done.

Also, someone called and wanted to see our house this weekend! YAY. But - we still had some stuff to finish up. Like putting in new toliets, finishing up some baseboards/casing, touch up paint, major cleaning and de-cluttering. Needless to say, we didn't get much rest this weekend AT ALL. Thankfully, some of our family members came over Thursday and helped install a new ceiling fan, change electrical outlets, and put in the toliets. Unfortunately, that was only the tip of the iceberg. There was SO MUCH TO GET DONE in such a short amount of time.

Add in the mix, Friday night I played Mom to Sam & Ella. But that really wasn't any additional stress. They provided lots of free labor :)


According to them, painting baseboards was soooooooo fun. Hahaha! Justin said we totally Tom Sawyer'ed them.

However, come Sunday night when we had literally run ourselves ragged and finished nearly every single project in the house, plus cleaned from top to bottom, the potential buyers didn't show. They forgot to tell me they had already signed a contract on another house.

I was super pissed. I cried. I had really hoped this would be it. But it wasn't. I don't know God's plans, but I know that they perfect. So we wait.

Waiting seems to be a theme. And I am just tired. But that is typical for the fleshly side of me......

I also think I *may* be getting sick. I really am not feeling too hot. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment