Tuesday, March 20, 2012

30 Things: Day 2

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.


1. Tornadoes

I am petrified of tornadoes and storms in general. It has been a long-standing fear, really. When I was young, my parents used to call me Claire McNeeley (only those with KFVS12 will appreciate that reference). If there was even a hint of cloudiness in the sky, I would be glued to the weather channel analyzing every little detail! I think it stemmed from a childhood incident. I was about 5 or 6, and I was with my mom in the neighboring town when a tornado hit. It happened so fast, and we were pulling through the bank. The only thing we could do was stop in a parking lot and wait it out. I remember watching the tornado come down from the sky in the distance and being petrified. We were just fine, but I think it was obviously very traumatizing. 


2. Something happening to a loved one

I have always been so fearful that something would happen to someone I loved. As in, they would be hurt or injured or sick. That fear has honestly eased here of late, because someone I loved did get sick. But thanks to the grace of God above, he is healed. And now, I have had a lesson in trusting the Lord. So I can't say that I never worry or think about it, I can say that I have faith that my God is an awesome God and He will protect those around me. 

3. Failure

I am always so scared of failure. I am my own worst critic. I constantly push myself for perfection, which just wears me out. I am exhausted at the end of a workday. I honestly don't know why I am like this. My parents never pushed me into being perfect. I think I just have such a strong Type A personality that it is who I am. But hey, after a few cussings that I have received as of late at work, I think I may be getting over this!

No comments:

Post a Comment