Monday, March 26, 2012

A Girl Can Dream... 30 Things: 7

What is your dream job, and why?

I used to think I knew what my dream job was. Now, I don't have a clue.....

The other day, Jay and I were talking about what we would do if we won the lottery. As in, would we still work at the same place or do the same type of work. I think I would do the same type of work. However, I would love to open my own organization that focused on providing quality legal services to the under-served. I would love to be able to really focus on families. So offering more than just legal services would be key.

My dream job, honestly, would be to know I was making a difference in the lives of people I served in a righteous way. I would also like to have flexibility and be able to raise a family without sacrificing one or the other.

I want to be a mom and have lots of kids. However, I also know I am not the type of person who would thrive as a stay-at-home mom. I need to be doing something to give back to my community, and for me, I need this to be through a job. But ideally, it would be one with a daycare facility full of wonderful staff AT the job so that my kids were always "with me." Plus, one where I could make my hours and come and go as my children needed.

I guess that is why it would be a dream, right? Because I am fairly positive this would never exist in reality!

Bottom line - I want to do something, whatever it is, that God calls me to do. And right now, I feel like I am doing what God is calling me for. I just wish, as I am sure almost every person in the work force does, that some things were different! My dream job would definitely come with less stress, because I can say right now - the stress is seriously affecting my life in ways I don't care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment