Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embarrassed. 30 Things: Day 10

Describe your most embarrassing moment.

First of all, I need to preface this post with one thought: You would think I would learn my lesson on listening to what my Momma tells me to do!!!


Ok... When I was younger, there was an older gentleman pharmacist here in town named Harry George. I loved him. He always said I was his girlfriend and asked if I would marry him one day. I used to think this was so funny!

Fast forward to a few years ago, my Mom and I were out shopping together in Cape and decided to go to Ruby Tuesdays to eat. We pulled up to park, and you could see inside the big windows at the people sitting around tables. My mom looks and exclaims "Look, Claire! There's Harry George! AND HE IS SITTING AT A TABLE FULL OF WOMEN! Wouldn't it be so funny if you walked up to him and asked why he was with all those women?!"

Well, I hesitated, and then thought you know, I bet he'd get a big kick out of that! So we walked in and told the server that we saw someone we knew and wanted to talk to them.

So here I go sauntering over to this table full of strangers and Harry George. I stop at the head of the table, throw my hands on my hips, and exclaim.. "Well Harry George! Are you cheating on me?!"

About that time, my mom takes of running around the corner, all the while yelling back at me "THAT IS NOT HARRY GEORGE!!"

Oh yes, I stood in front of an entire group of strangers + Harry George A STRANGE MAN that I accused of cheating on me.

I was so mortified.  Mortified. AND MY MOTHER LEFT ME STANDING THERE LIKE AN IDIOT. She RAN to the other side of the restaurant.

I just stood there with my hands on my hips, spun around, and took off. Then I asked to be seated on the other side of the building.

That was the day I learned I should never listen when my mom tells me to do anything with the potential of being embarrassed!

No comments:

Post a Comment