Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Influential.... 30 Things: Day 9

List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

{ok, so instead of listing out 10 separate people, I did some "groups" of people. I didn't want to be listing just to list. To be honest, I can only say a handful of people have truly "influenced" who I am. I can list a lot, though, who I respect and admire!}

My Husband, Justin

This man has been the biggest influence on my life. Considering we started dating when I was FOURTEEN (gasp!!), we grew up together. There is something that has to be said about growing up with the person you love more than anything. We always laugh, because he has rubbed off on me in so many ways - and he finds that hilarious.

He is the bravest, most caring and upbeat individual I have ever met. I stand in awe of him and the way he approaches LIFE. I pray that I can be the wife he needs me to be, because I am just so blessed to have him to influence me.



My Parents

My parents have been hugely influential throughout my entire life. They have been my biggest fans and encouragers. I have always known how much I am loved. Just like I have never doubted that no matter what the situation, they will be behind me.

My parents have also shown me what it means to pray. Any time I feel worried or anxious, I can ask them to pray for me, and I know they will stop everything they are doing RIGHT THAT SECOND and pray. How many people can say that they have that? They have taught me right from wrong, and how to apologize.  I can't say enough good about them.



My Siblings

Both my sister Miste and brother Zach, although they may not realize it, have influenced me. Miste has been there not only as an older sister, but as a friend and confidant. She has shown me what it means to be a devoted mom to wonderful children but still have her own life and personality. I am so amazed at how she manages to do it al.


Zach has influenced me as well. He will always be my "baby" brother even though he is not a baby anymore. But I can't help it! He has taught me about hard work. Zach has never given up on his dreams to play baseball - and he busts his butt every day to be the best he can be. 


 My Nanny

 My Nanny was the sweetest, most loving person. I loved loved LOVED staying with her anytime. As I grew up, even though she would drive me crazy calling and worrying about me, nothing compared to the thought of knowing someone loved you to the ends of the Earth. She helped shape the person I am today. I miss her so much.



My Mentors

I have had a handful of extremely important and close mentors over my lifetime. All of them have contributed to the person I am today. Many have taught me not only important educational lessons, but life lessons as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment